Monday, February 24, 2014

Firehouse Fun

Lately, William has developed quite the love for all things firetruck, fireman, fire station related. We read Curious George at the Fire Station, and The Great Big Fire Engine Book on a daily basis. We also have a toy Tonka Fire Truck that lights up and plays sirens that he is obsessed with. 

So imagine his delight when we packed up the car and took him to a real, live fire station this week. We asked our friends to join us, and the boys had so much fun together. The fire lieutenant knew they were a little young to really grasp fire safety, so he let the boys do their thing - climbing all over the truck, "driving" at the wheel, looking at the lights and basically just running and exploring. It was a fun-filled morning, and William kept looking around so wide-eyed at everything. I think he probably wondered if he was in a dream or if this was just the best day ever. ;) 

I love being a stay-at-home-mom for these very moments. I wouldn't miss these "firsts" for anything!









4 comments:

  1. That last picture of his smile is worth a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! He is so adorable...Enjoy this time with him (and when that new baby comes!), we were just watching home movies this weekend with the girls (12, 10 &7) and I am SO fortunate I was able to stay home with them. As stressful as it was (I did daycare) and the many times I thought I was a failure, I can truly look back and see how blessed I was. Everything they learned came from me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO COOL. Our local fire department is right next door to a store we often go to and we always walk by the windows and check out the trucks. I never thought to take Henry in. Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! He is too cute! He looks so proud of himself. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel